Scientific approach is to know the whys and the Engineering approach is to know the hows.
You know why you want to get an engagement ring and we will show you the hows to find a ring that is worthy of her hand.
1. Finding the perfect ring is only half of your proposal. Creating the most memorable proposal moment (so she can tell the grandkids) is extremely crucial! Consider hiring a photographer in advance to capture the surprise. It will be a rare photo to treasure!
2. Listen to her comments about what she likes in a ring:
Shape of the diamond (round, princess or fancy cut)
Metal: Platinum or white /yellow gold
Setting: Simple, modern, halo or antique?
Her style: what kind of jewelry does she wear? (Her ring has to suit her lifestyle)
What looks best on her hand?
What is her ring size?
3. Education: Focus on CUT first. The better the cut, the more brilliance the diamond has. Vardy’s is extremely selective about our diamonds. We take pride in only showing you the most beautiful ones.
4. Your budget: Did you know that in 1930 during the industrial revolution, a man spends a day worth of pay (50 cents) to buy an engagement ring which was considered an ungodly amount. You should buy the best diamond you can find within a budget you can live with.
5. Finding the right jeweler: Just like finding the right partner, it takes time and patience. Recommendations from friends and family along with Yelp reviews are both essential. Find out if a jeweler will
take care of the ring after the sale. One major disadvantage of buying online or at Costco is that you can’t build a great relationship with a local jeweler that will stand behind their work. Also, it is important that a jeweler is willing to offer a new setting for your fiancé if she prefers a different style. Remember, she has to love wearing it!
6. “Dream list”: Enlist her girlfriends to take her to Vardy’s and create a “Specs list” of her dream ring. It will guide you when you are ready to design her ring.
7. If we are custom making your ring, it takes at least 3 weeks to build it. Give yourself some time if you have a special date in mind to propose.