WE ARE HIRING!
Vardy’s Jewelers is a boutique independent jewelry store established in 1981. We are a thriving family business in the heart of silicon valley. Our dynamic company is growing, and we are seeking an assistant to join our rapidly growing team. Vardy’s specializes in custom design, manufacturing, repairs, loose gems and sales of fine luxury jewelry.
Being an assistant at Vardy’s, you will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Schedule and coordinate staff, client and vendor meetings
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Provide general support to clients
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
Qualifications and requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Strong communication skills
- Time management skills
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive environment for others.
- Great benefits
- Beautiful jewelry (employee discount!)
- Health insurance
- SEP IRA
- Competitive Wages & Incentives
- Flexible Non-mall hours
- Work-Life Balance
- 5 Day Work Week